Launched in 2016, Merlon Intelligence offers an end-to-end solutions platform that uses modern technologies, Machine Learning and Ai, to support the needs of financial institutions in the area of financial crimes compliance. We believe in bringing together world-class technologists, leading compliance experts, and overall awesome people to build our company and products.
The Field Engineer a customer-facing engineer responsible for leading successful and efficient implementations of our solutions for our financial institution customers. The Field Engineer is the primary contributor to the implementation, configuration, and integration of our software product, with technical responsibility for customer success.If you are excited about providing exceptional customer experiences - through installation, configuration, problem-solving, and management of the technical aspects of our platform, then this is the opportunity for you. You will report to our Chief Customer Officer and be based in our NYC office.
- Represent Merlon to our customers, coordinating with the technology teams to provide engineering, deployment, and support of the platform, including the underlying components.
- Work closely with the Customer Success Manager on requirements gathering and sizing assessments in preparation for environment build-outs.
- Engineer our solution to integrate into the customer’s environment, both on premises and in the cloud.
- Coordinate with other members of the technical team to design a scalable, maintainable, high-quality production architecture.
- Provide expert support for our solution, working directly with the customer to provide resolution to incidents and to ensure high availability and performance. Troubleshoot and find resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, database, search cluster, integrations, automation platform).
- Work closely with the Customer Success, Engineering, and Product teams to ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate code releases and product upgrades, including capacity planning, feature enhancements, and expansion of product usage.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation for customers.
- Customer-facing skills and familiarity working with large enterprise clients
- Middleware engineer with experience of installing, configuring, diagnosing and supporting enterprise-scale middleware platforms
- Experience in operating cloud systems (build, upgrade, update, and patch)
- Strong experience with Apache servers and a solid understanding of common web technologies
- Proven ability to deliver large-scale platforms in the enterprise, including environment management, disaster recovery solutions, and focus on production stability
- Development using scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl)
- Working knowledge of large-scale distributed platform such as Hadoop, enterprise search, messaging, etc.
- 3+ years of providing engineering and support of large-scale platform in the enterprise, preferably in a customer or business-facing role.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in information systems, information technology, computer science, or a related field
- Experience in working in complex, highly controlled environments to adhere to customer’s IT standards and regulatory controls (in the financial services industry, a plus)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and middleware components including Linux, SAN/NAS, VM, RDBMS, Security (SSO / LDAP), WebApps, SOA, etc.
- Software engineering SDLC and development tool-chain (Git, Nexus, Jira, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and have exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Up to 40% travel including international
- Must be authorized for employment in the United States